Assitant/Intermediate Electrical Estimator
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum + package|
A leading contractor who specialise in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering solutions are looking to strengthen their existing team by adding an additional assistant electrical estimator. The company are a national contractor with the Southern hub based from Southampton and work across the commercial, MOD, educational and health sectors.
The successful applicant should have a minimum of 2 years experience and trade qualifications representative of an Electrical Estimator.
You should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of electrical estimating within the range of £50,000 to £1 million. You will be working under guidance of a senior estimator, but be able to work under your own initiative from receipt of initial estimate, mid tender queries to completion.
Knowledge of an estimating package would be advantageous, but not essential.
You will be able to carry out the following tasks:
* Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
* Meeting with Client and Consultants
* Carry out site visits and surveys
* Measuring and take offs for materials and labour
* Working knowledge of SEC CypherCypher, Estimating package or similar (not essential but would be preferred)
* Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between 1 and 3 weeks
* Present tender return sheet to our Mechanical Department for combined issue
* Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
* Produce Value Engineering solutions
* Understand and scrutinise Sub-Contractor quotations
* Good working relationship with an already friendly team
* BTECBTEC ONCONC - Electrical Engineering
* City & Guilds Level 3, 17th17th Edition IEEIEE Regulations
* City & Guilds 2391 - Testing & Inspection (preferred but not essential)
Ideally you will come from an M&E Design and Build background. The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects. You will have held a similar Estimating position with an M&E Contractor.
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.