Head of Engineering and Maintenance
|Location||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Area||South Yorkshire, England|
|Sector||Facilities Management & MaintenanceHigher Education|
|Salary||£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
Resourcing Group has been retained to manage the recruitment to the key position of Head of Engineering and Maintenance at University of Sheffield.
Engineering and Maintenance forms a key part of the Estates and Facilities Management function with the Head of Engineering and Maintenance working alongside the Heads of Estates Development, Campus Services and Property and Business Services to deliver a world class integrated Estates service that supports and enhances the University's vision, mission and identity.
The Head of Engineering and Maintenance will be responsible for implementing structural, organisational and cultural change within the function to enhance performance and standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead of the review and re-alignment of the Engineering and Maintenance function, ensuring the function delivers high quality, efficient services.
* Lead the University's engineering and building infrastructure, and maintenance services, in accordance with the University strategies.
* Deliver high quality, planned preventative and reactive maintenance services that ensure business continuity.
* Provide institutional expertise for compliance within the Estate relating to the management of: control of Legionella, electricity at work, pressure vessel systems, gas safety, LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998), PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998), the maintenance and assurance of approved codes of practice, Working at Height Regulations 2005.
* Ensure the delivery of high quality, responsive and efficient 'Hard FM' services within the University.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* Chartered Engineer (IMechE, IET, CIBSE etc.)
* A degree or equivalent qualification (or equivalent experience) in a relevant technical discipline such as mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering
* A proven track record of managerial, operational or strategic development roles within an estates function
* Expertise in the building technology in respect of construction and maintenance, including specialist knowledge of HV, water management, high pressure hot water, heating and steam systems, fire alarms, access control and CCTV
* Proven expertise in managing health & safety and risk within an estates environment
* Capable of managing large maintenance budgets effectively
Deadline for applications is midnight on Wednesday 9th January 2019.
For further information, or to apply, please send an up to date CV to Gareth Longley or Sian Allan.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Call: 0161 413 5770
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.