M&E Assets Surveyor
|Salary||Up to £35000 per annum + Car/Car allowance, holiday, pension|
Building Services Surveyor / M&E Asset Surveyor
Working for a leading social housing provider who manage around 32,000 homes in England, including affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, young people's foyers and women's refuges. The organisation are leading one of the most significant and progressive development programmes in the UK, providing at least 2,765 new homes by March 2021.
They are looking to strengthen their existing assets team by recruiting a Building Services Surveyor / M&E Asset Surveyor. The main purpose of the role will be to ensure equipment and building services are maintained, manage contractors, monitor performance & budget expenditure and ensure compliance with legal & regulatory requirements.
Cyclical works programmes
- Manage contractors to ensure delivery of programmes
- Monitor delivery and ensure performance in line with contract
- Comply with all health and safety policies
- Ensure service delivery meets legal and regulatory requirements
Annual Servicing and repairs
- Ensure contractors deliver services and repairs in line with contracts and legal requirements
- Deal with service failures and problems arising
- Provide input on significant technical issues to divisional teams on voids
- Provide information and feedback to the Asset Team on future major reinvestment and equipment replacement
- Undertake additional training or vocational qualifications as required.
- May be required to participate in Business Continuity (BCP) activities.
- Required to comply with the Association's Equality and Diversity Policy and procedures and may be required to participate in promoting them.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety policies and procedures including general statutory responsibilities as an employee plus those specific to the post
- Where required, undertake diligent and responsible budget management to ensure best use of the Association's resources and realisation of Value for Money targets.
- Undertake line management of team members in accordance with the Associations HR policies including 1-2-1, training needs analysis and personal development.
- Undertake such flexible and additional working hours as may be necessary, within reason, to facilitate the efficient fulfilment of the Association's services.
- Undertake other duties of a similar level of responsibility, as might from time to time be reasonably required.
Knowledge and experience
- Significant and proven experience of managing staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing maintenance contractors
- Excellent understanding of alternative forms of repairs contracts and their advantages and disadvantages
- Excellent and current understanding of costs within the repairs and maintenance sector
- Significant and proven experience of managing budgets
- Demonstrable experience of managing or maintaining rented housing
Skills and abilities
- Problem solving- skilled in assessing information and devising and implementing appropriate solutions to problems
- Prioritisation - able to effectively prioritise own work and of others
- Communication- able to effectively communicate appropriately, verbally and in writing, for a range of audiences
- Competent in using standard office IT applications and business systems
- Able to generate and analyse cost and performance information to address problems and improve outcomes
- A qualification in a construction or maintenance-related discipline equivalent to or higher than a Higher National Certificate
- Personal attributes
- Resilient and able to manage competing pressures in a positive manner
- Able to convey confidence and direction to staff
- Able to deal with difficult interpersonal situations in a professional manner
- Able to work constructively as a member of a team
- Able to positively represent the department to internal and external stakeholders
The role is offered on a permanent basis with a salary of circa £35,000 + car or car allowance, pension, holiday and flexible working.
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.