Leasehold Income Team Manager
|Location||West London, London|
|Salary||£23 - £26 per hour|
A West London housing provider is seeking to recruit a Leasehold Income Team Manager for an initial four month interim position.
As Leasehold Income Team Manager you will lead a team of 3 staff and manage the associated budgets, you will primarily be responsible for maximising collection and recovery of freehold and leasehold service charge arrears owed to us. The service charges include costs relating to day to day service delivery, heating and major works charges. The role provides a customer focused service to freeholders and leaseholders and is responsible for:
- The delivery of high quality payment collection and income advice services to residents; finding the balance between offering payment plans to support residents whilst addressing shortfalls in income.
- The timely collection of all service charges including major works in accordance with prevailing legislation and in a correct, open and transparent manner in accordance with the required industry and professional standards.
- This role is responsible for the collection of circa £15 million per year
- Interpreting the effect of external influences on future requirements of the service and carrying out any actions required
- Ensuring that customers are provided with clear, customer focused, additional supporting information on a timely basis as required
- Developing innovative and creative approaches to the continuous improvement of customer service and the collection of service charges
- Continually reviewing business processes to improve cost effectiveness
- Challenging recognised convention and developing an innovative customer focussed service
- Contributing towards the strategic management of IT systems
- To take responsibility for own personal development, updating knowledge of changes in legislation, best practice, and other developments.
Successfull applicant must be able to demonstrate the following attributes;
- A track record of achievement within debt collection in a generic or specialist housing environment and in a management position
- A detailed knowledge of the pertinent Landlord and Tenant Acts, Housing Acts and how they relate to public sector leasehold management and service charges
- A good knowledge of residential leases and freehold transfers
- Knowledge and experience of recovery of arrears through service charges and leaseholder debt and an understanding of credit control are essential
- A good knowledge of accountancy principles in relation to a leasehold portfolio and with reference to service charge loans and service charge reductions
- Proven success in developing effective working relationships and communicating and influencing others.
- A successful record of managing a team to drive effective performance and service.
For further information please submit your CV in the strictest of confidence or call Stuart on 020 7264 0719
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.