|Sector||Surveying & Property|
|Salary||£40347.00 - £46760.00 per annum + £40347-£46760 pa or £34-£38 ph|
Our client, a local authority based in Surrey, is currently seeking a Valuation Surveyor to cover maternity leave for a period of 12-18 months on either a fixed term or interim (hourly rate) basis.
The Valuation Surveyor will support the Asset Manager (Investment) in the management of the Council's properties, the acquisition of new investment properties and all aspects of property management and valuation to maximise the value (both financial and strategic) of the Council's investment estate.
* To undertake the day-to-day asset management of properties in accordance with legislation and good estate management practice including dealing with queries from within the Council and externally
* To help project manage the Asset Investment Programme to expand the ownership of the Council's commercial property investment estate
* To follow the Council's internal procedures, specifically in relation to the acquisition process, notifying designated officers and Councillors at each stage
* To be fully responsible for arranging new leases licences and carrying out renewals ensuring these agreements are satisfactorily completed within the agreed timetable, budget and service standards
* To market properties to let, prepare heads of terms, negotiate and agree terms for new leases and lease renewals appointing external marketing agents as appropriate.
* To manage rent reviews and lease renewals, managing any rent review disputes agreeing any variations to the lease and terms for surrenders.
* To manage lease expiries, meeting tenants on site if necessary, ensuring formal agreement is reached and documented, and making necessary arrangements for the transfer of keys, return of rent deposits, informing utilities and taking meter readings etc.
* To arrange schedules of condition, dilapidation and repair, with advice from the team's building surveyors when necessary.
* To undertake site inspections to check compliance with terms of leases and licences and the Council's statutory obligations and report all non-compliance matters to the Asset Development Manager.
* To arrange repair and maintenance works that are the Council's responsibility as Landlord, instructing the team's building surveyors when necessary and corresponding with the tenants to keep them informed of planned works.
* To administer service charges on those properties where it applies, deal with queries on service charges raised by the accountant and write to tenants with an annual update of proposed budgets and annual update of final accounts.
* To carry out any other duties of a similar or related nature that may be requested by the Asset Development Manager or his or her representative.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
* RICS qualified (or equivalent property related qualification)
* Experience of undertaking property valuations
* Broad knowledge and experience of managing properties
* Broad experience of working in an office environment
* Strong experience of managing a broad property-type estate
* Some experience of managing local government or public sector properties
* Some experience of leading on corporate management initiatives and strategies
* Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare and write accurate correspondence and reports
* Strong assertiveness skills in order to negotiate with tenants, licencees and agents, and settle disputes
* Ability to attend occasional evening meetings when required
* Driving licence valid to drive in the UK and use of own transport during working hours in order to undertake site visits within the Borough
For further information, or to apply, please send an up to date CV to Gareth Longley.
Call: 0161 413 5775
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.