Interim Specialist Services Manager (Engineering Compliance)
|Location||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Area||South Yorkshire, England|
|Sector||EngineeringFacilities Management & MaintenanceHigher Education|
|Salary||£29.00 - £38.00 per hour|
Our client, a University based in Yorkshire, is currently recruiting to the role of Interim Specialist Services Manager (Engineering Compliance) to ensure that engineering and fabric maintenance services on the University estate are sound, safe and legally compliant and that policies, procedures and standards for planned maintenance and inspection are understood and implemented effectively. This appointment will be for 3-6 months.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with the development of the Engineering and Maintenance function, deputising across nominated specialist areas and functions
* Monitor and advise on the delivery of specialist engineering & maintenance services, maintaining a balance between in-house provision and external contractor expertise
* Responsible for the development of high quality planned preventative and reactive maintenance services
* Responsible for the development of contractual frameworks to support day-to-day maintenance activities
* Managing a team of University Technical Services Staff and Contractors on site, inspecting works to ensure that all works are carried out to specification, programme and budget
* Responsible for the maintenance and development of Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes for all engineering and fabric systems including items subject to statutory inspection and certification.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
* Knowledge of relevant systems, policies, legislation and quality standards
* Experience of managing and motivating a team of staff with demonstrable experience of executing people processes as required.
* Experience of reviewing individual and team progress and performance and embedding organisational strategy into individual performance planning.
* Ability to assess and organise resources, and plan and progress work activities.
* Competent in the use of maintenance management software
For further information, or to apply, please send an up to date CV to Gareth Longley.
Call: 0161 413 5775
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.