|Area||Berkshire, EnglandHampshire, EnglandOxfordshire, England|
|Sector||Architecture & Design|
|Salary||£13.50 - £14.5 per hour|
- Carry out felling of and all maintenance operations to trees using specialist equipment and in accordance with NPTC Certification and best practice, including aerial work, and work from a mobile elevated working platform.
- Carry out aerial inspection of trees, and advise the Tree Officer on the appropriate course of action.
- Ensure the general safety of the public, clients and work colleagues, and comply with current health and safety legislation.
- Manage small-scale tree work in the absence of a Senior Arborist where instructed by the Tree Officer.
- Liaise with customers, contractors and other agencies to ensure the efficient running of all tree work.
- Respond to customer enquiries in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ensure all plant and machinery are properly maintained and secured in accordance with the PUWER 1998.
- Apply pesticides in accordance with current codes of practice.
- Carry out tree planting and maintenance to establishment of saplings and young trees.
- Occasionally work with other grounds maintenance operational teams at times of peak work.
- Participate in an out of hours emergency call out service.
Senior Arborist - Progression Criteria (SCP)
- Assist with the planning, implementing and monitoring of work schedules for teams of arborists, making best use of resources available. Ensure works are completed on time and take remedial action where quality of work falls below expected standards.
- Ensure the team's compliance with current health and safety legislation, and assist the Tree Officer in identifying, investigating and rectifying shortfalls in health and safety, conduct and performance standards of the team managed
- Undertake tree inspections and assist the Tree Officer with the development and maintenance of the Borough's tree database, and with responses to enquiries.
- Assess commercial enquiries and draw up quotations for external business
- Liaise with contractors in the delivery of tree work, and monitor the quality of any work carried out
- Represent the Tree Officer at meetings as required, including attendance at out-of-hours meetings with recovery of hours according to the council's flexible and lieu time arrangements.
- Participate in the development of policies and plans to improve the council's internal tree management and external business
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.