Visiting Officer - Temporary Accommodation
|Location||North London, London|
|Salary||£18 - £22.40 per hour|
A North London housing provider requires an interim Visiting Officer to inspect current Temporary Accommodation placements and assess qualifying criteria.
- Assist the Housing Options service in delivering objectives to manage and retain good quality, cost effective accommodation from the private rented sector and reduce the number of households living in temporary accommodation.
- Carry out joint visits with proprietors to ensure our customers are living at the accommodation provided by Housing Options and undertake unannounced and planned visits to all other forms of Temporary Accommodation to ensure occupancy, detect fraud, verify information, report on any issues of Anti-social behaviour, assess standards of TA and ensure that applicants in Temporary Accommodation are settling in to their interim accommodation.
- Assist by Mediating in cases of family breakdowns as a way of preventing homelessness
- Refer customers to the welfare reform task force to assist them in getting back into work
- Carry out suitability assessments on our customers, to determine the physical condition of the accommodation, location, affordability, overcrowding and risk of violence from any person
- Help develop and contribute to the changes in how we manage our temporary accommodation.
Applicants must have sound knowledge of assessment and be able to manage their own diary effectively as this is a remote working role.
Car driver and current DBS required.
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.