Shift Maintenance Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Facilities Management & Maintenance|
|Salary||£38000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits|
- Data centre Shift Engineer:
Our client is one of the worlds leading data centre specialists who design, build and maintain data centres in the UK, Europe and World Wide.
* Maintaining and keeping in good repair, the buildings mechanical & electrical systems along with all associated component parts of Data Centres.
* Routine tests, checks and record keeping for all the buildings systems
* Maintain water systems and all records to the highest standard in accordance with L8 Legislation.
* Undertake daily walk rounds of client areas and plant rooms to note and rectify any defects and to maintain Plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
* Liaise and arrange sub contractor support and effectively manage and control all sub-contractors, including cleaning.
* To monitor the buildings environmental temperature, humidity, and space conditions and ensuring that they are maintained in accordance with the business requirement
* To monitor and adjust as deemed necessary, the building management systems (BMS) to control the buildings HVAC to optimal levels of efficiency.
* Provide rapid and effective response to customer and helpdesk calls and defects.
* Provide innovative solutions to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
* Manage, rectify and record defects through the Help Desk to ensure all are rectified within SLA timeframes.
* Keep the Shift Manager and Operations Manager briefed on all issues and progress.
* Raise hazard, incident and flash reports
* Use the Log Book System to store all records and certification for the site.
* Manage defects to completion; including full investigation, sourcing materials, provision of quotes, raising of Purchase Orders and arrangement of rectification.
They are looking for an in-house engineer.
The role: 38k-42k (12 hour shifts Days & Nights), Private Medical Health Care, Pension and additional benefits.
To be considered for the post you will need to have relevant electrical qualifications and experience in a similar role carrying out building services maintenance in a critical environment.
City and Guilds, NVQ or equivalent is essential, previous experience in a data centre or critical environment (ideally 5+ Years with HV Authorised Status (Need to have experience with HV & LV Switching).
This job involves the maintenance and upkeep of the critical building systems, PDUs/CRAC Units/UPS/Generators/Cooling Systems/HV/BMS Faultfinding etc...
If you would like to be considered for this incredible job opportunity, apply now online or contact Tarik Bell-Ross on 01184677784 / tarik.bell-ross@
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.